Feb 28, 2010

Hinamatsuri song

I couldn't arrange time at all to write something new here. Hence I thank 'Hinamatsuri' for coming to my rescue:))

March 3 is HINAMATSURI (Girls' Day or Doll Festival) in Japan. I wrote one short post about this last year too. Let me put the song (video) of this occasion. The melody is so sweet. 



I found the following English translation of the first verse in one site;

Let's light the lanterns on the tiered stand.
Let's put peach blossoms on the tiered stand.
Five court musicians are playing flutes and drums.
Today is a happy Dolls' Festival.

3 comments:

Bhagyashree said...

I think its Aryaas birthday sometime this month, a very Happy Birthday to her

Basanta said...

Yes Bhagyashree, Aryaa's birthday is on 13th of this month. Thank you for the wishes!

रूक्मागत शर्मा पौडेल said...

तपाईको ब्लग राम्रो लाग्यो । मैले अथितीको ठाँउमा राखेको छु ।

Post a Comment